|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world-class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Our lifestyle brand, Zabeel House takes inspiration from our roots – Dubai. Much like the city where it was created, we too like to push the boundaries to create innovative hotel stays. We are curators of ‘what is good’, and build experiences that people want to share. The Zabeel House has five key brand values.
Limitless curiosity is our commitment to engage the guest in the local neighbourhood through sharing our knowledge of the area with guests to inspire them to explore. Inventiveness is our commitment to engage with guests with open minds, with ingenuity, with fresh creativity always thinking outside the box. Honesty reflects our commitment to always be genuine towards our guests; to have conversations, not interactions. Freedom relates to Zabeel House design and ambiance – we created a brand that is high on design but low on complexity and our design-led spaces are crafted to allow our guests to have the freedom to be who they want to be and stay how they want to stay. Finally, Belonging reflects how we want our guests to feel - guests who want to live like a local even if just for a day.
Our property, Zabeel House by Jumeirah, The Greens, offers its guests 210 rooms and suites, a co-work space with meeting rooms, a modern gym, rooftop pool and a number of happening restaurant outlets including a multi award winning vibrant Pan-Asian restaurant.
“Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.”
About the Role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Bartender to join our amazing Food & Beverage team in Zabeel House by Jumeirah the Greens. The main purpose of the role is verifying age requirements, knowing alcohol pairing and tastes, recipe knowledge of traditional and classy drinks, processing payments, managing inventory and cleaning bar supplies
The main responsibilities are:
- Identify and meet guests’ needs, provide appropriate bar services, and assist guests in recommendations, upselling where appropriate to provide knowledgeable and bespoke service
- Serve beverages according to defined standards and measures (according to local license agreements)
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks according to beverage recipes
- Ensure all drinks transactions are processed, registered, and settled
- Setup the bar appropriately, ensuring the visuals and merchandise are placed appropriately.
- Undertake opening, closing & cleaning tasks as detailed on checklists
- Coordinate with stewards to ensure equipment and bar area are always kept hygienically clean and tidy and sufficient glassware is available
- Ensure the checking of expiration dates and that all perishable garnishes are stored and recorded in designated storage area
- Adopt a responsible attitude towards serving of alcoholic beverages, to ensure safe consumption in line with group policy and regulatory requirements
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals
- Handle guests' inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints or problems to the Team Leaders if no immediate solution can be found
- Perform related tasks and duties as assigned and deemed responsible by management
- Ensure adherence to departmental policies, processes, F&B standard operating procedures, and instructions enabling delivery of luxurious service to guests and in line with Jumeirah standard of excellence
- Adhere to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment procedures, instructions, and controls
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- At least 1 to 2 years bartending experience (preferably within the international hospitality industry).
- Proficient in English (Read/Write/Speak – Essential)
- Knowledge of additional language (Desired)
- Basic Food and Hygiene Training
- Strong knowledge of wine, spirits & cocktails
- Team Player with accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask & work well under pressure
- Creativity and adaptability for new bar trends
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and benefits which include; accommodation and flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates