|Published||May 14, 2022|
|Expires||July 13, 2022|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
AVP & Team Leader- PL Assets Coverage - DXB-POS (UAE National Only))
First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB) Al Jaddaf Building, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Division: Corporate and Commercial Banking Group
Sub Division: Commercial Banking
First Abu Dhabi Bank is an inclusive environment where each person values the experiences, perspectives, ideas and beliefs of others. We’re in a unique position to learn from all our colleagues, combining international experience with deep cultural knowledge and local
expertise. At FAB, you’ll have the support of your team and a strong relationship with your line manager, who will trust you with responsibility and recognize your good performance. As we embrace different ways of seeing the world, listening to each other and respecting
different viewpoints, we grow stronger together.
Job Key Details:
To manage a team responsible to attract new to bank business of POS products ensuring achievement of agreed objectives of growth, profitability and customer satisfaction..
- Sourcing New To Bank customers by identifying new leads or by using referrals from existing relationships.
- Focus on actively promoting POS
- Maintain mutually beneficial relationship with existing customers and actively pursue cross sell opportunities.
- Enhance customer satisfaction by providing quality services by responding to customer requests in a timely manner & reducing the turnaround time for processing the business requirements.
- Will ensure a minimum number of leads on Trade Working Capital, Unsecured PL assets and Liabilities is referred by the RM’s.
- Will conduct clean up exercises on the portfolio.
- Focus on increasing productivity and activity of the teams.
Credit/Risk Control :
- Prepare Credit Application (CA), analyze financial statements in accordance with the bank policy.
- Maintain portfolio quality and ensure NPLs are under control by keeping a close watch on unsatisfactory account and proactively ensuring that customers drawdown get settled on time.
- Assess the financial and business risks involved in lending to particular businesses, mainly by looking at the company's competitive position within its industry, its strategic direction, management quality, and financial profile.
- Perform analysis to determine credit worthiness and recommend appropriate credit limits.
- Will perform quarterly portfolio checks to ensure NPL’s are within check and all the relevant documents are updated and filled.
Compliance / Operational activities :
- Cooperate and facilitate work of internal audit and risk management to address gaps, and respond to audit reports within agreed deadlines.
- Monitor money laundering activities, and coordinate remedial actions with management.
- Ensure adherence to banking regulations and organization guidelines relating to customer acceptance, data protection, money laundering and KYC.
- Whenever needed, contact customer service groups and processing units to ensure satisfactory service standards are met.
- Responding to the relevant compliance and sanctions queries within the relevant time frame.
- Will ensure there are no lapses on deferrals requested.
- Will ensure complete and comprehensive KYC of accounts on-boarded.
- Will ensure up to date contact information is updated.
People Management :
- Promote sharing of best practice within the team and support the identified training requirements for self and team.
- Perform regular performance reviews of all staff and provide quality feedback on learning and development needs, whilst managing under performers.
- Extend support and promote best practices.
- Mentor/ coach peers and subordinates as needed.
Job Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience of working in SME – POS products in the UAE.
- Experience managing SME sales team.
- Experience of managing SME portfolio in UAE market.
- Strong understanding of financial and SME banking services and products.
- Good understanding of market best practices and dynamics including demographic factors, competitor products and services.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of SME banking and related regulations.
- Appropriate risk awareness.
- Understands legal structures consistent with different type of businesses.
Skills & Behaviors
- Demonstrable leadership skills with proven ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve planned objectives.
- Proven ability to communicate and influence at different levels and to a variety of audiences.
- Proven achievement of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Able to evaluate, analysis, draw conclusions and develop insightful recommendations and solutions.
- Strong entrepreneurial / commercial / business acumen with an understanding of wider economic issues.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.