|Published||November 7, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses know as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director of Food and Beverage to join the team of Food and Beverage Administration in Jumeirah Al Qasr. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Develop and execute strategic plans for the food and beverage department, aligning with the overall goals and objectives of the hotel.
- Analyze market trends and competitor offerings to make informed decisions and enhance the department's profitability.
- Recruit, train, and supervise team members, ensuring a high standard of service and professionalism.
- Set performance standards and provide regular feedback to team members for continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with chefs and culinary teams to create diverse, innovative menus that cater to the preferences and dietary requirements of guests.
- Monitor food quality and presentation to maintain consistent standards.
- Maintain a guest-centric approach, ensuring a memorable and satisfying dining experience for all guests.
- Address guest feedback and resolve any concerns or issues promptly.
- Assist with the management of the department's budget, control costs, and maximize revenue through effective pricing strategies.
- Monitor and report on financial performance, identifying areas for improvement and growth.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Several years of relevant experience, preferably in a high luxury end hospitality establishment.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Proven ability to drive revenue, control costs, and manage budgets effectively.
- Certifications in food safety, alcohol handling or a university degree of hospitality management is advantageous.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.