|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
A Assistant Reservations Manager for Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah ensures the smooth and efficient operations of the Reservation department through prompt, effective and proper reservation service to achieve maximum room revenue, in order to meet or exceed the revenue target. Monitors upselling techniques.
What will I be doing?
- Monitor RMS for Daily & Montly pick ups reports for rooms and availability.
- Conducts daily inventory controls to release rooms, extend cutoffs and adjusts availability as determined in the sales contracts, group pick-up meetings, or as determined by revenue management.
- Communicates with sales, service and revenue management to ensure consistency and efficiency in group inventory management. Works with meeting planners and sales and service team in providing appropriate feedback concerning groups/ IT bookings.
- Ensure that all information is applied properly for all kind of bookings.
- Liaison with in-house Reservation / ResMax team to ensure efficient work flow, excellent customer service and communication on all aspects of the reservations booking process.
- Provides all pertinent information and instructions regarding hotel occupancy, promotion, special reservations procedures, operational issues, special events, etc., through pre-shift reports, conference calls and meetings.
- Attends revenue management, pick-up, pre-convention and other designated meetings as required. Attend BFM/CFM to monitor and progress for future business.
- Assist the Reservation Manager to all operational and administrative related functions. Interviews, hires, trains, and supervises reservation agents for the efficient operation of the department. Monitors performance and gives feedback according to established standards.
- Identify Top Producing Accounts ensure proper recognition by Reservation staff. Knowledgeable in hotel and guest room facilities/services and ensures reservations agents are equally knowledgeable.
- Monitoring Telephone Manner and general performance of reservations staff daily. Observes and ensures that proper telephone manners are maintained at all times.
- Liaise with communication meeting once a month. Team Building activities need to be arranged quarterly basis. Training is been provided and compliance with the L&D requirement. Organizing Holidays and Scheduling the team not over lapping the busy periods
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Reservations Manager for Waldorf Astoria Dubai Palm Jumeirah is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous experience within reservations in a luxury hotel
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate a high-performing team positioned to exceed targets
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators and competitive trends and develop approaches to these challenges
- Excellent selling capabilities and the ability and desire to coach selling techniques to Team Members
- Excellent organisation and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Accountable and resilient
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Knowledge of the hotel property management system OnQ
- Previous experience in luxury hospitality sector the same or similar role
- Relevant degree, in a business discipline, from an academic institution
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts combines contemporary design, sophisticated amenities and personalized service. Waldorf Astoria’s guest service is instinctive, discreet and enhanced by innovation to provide exceptional travel experiences all over the world. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!