|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments. Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses know as Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Outlet Manager to join the team of Arboretum in Jumeirah Al Qasr. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Hands on operator that lives and leads the perfect guest experience, ensures the team are set up for success, and is responsible for assisting the outlet manager in ensuring that all colleagues have full product knowledge.
- Closely monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with Jumeirah International Cashiering Procedures.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints ensuring Jumeirah International & Al Qasr procedures for CSI and complaint handling are followed.
- Maintains & actively use a database of customer details/ history and other strategies that assist in guest recognition.
- Advises the Outlet Manager of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to SOPs or addition/ deletion of SOPs.
- Makes suggestions to increase the market share for the Outlet.
- Conducts performance evaluation of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counselling of colleagues.
- Support the Outlet Manager to implement the F&B marketing plan when required.
- Discusses menus, special requests etc with chef.
- Attends & actively participates in the daily F&B briefings in the absence of the Outlet Manager.
- A hotel degree or equivalent qualification from a reputable business/hospitality institution
- Experience within a similar role with high-end establishments, five-star hotels, or renowned restaurants
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and cashiering systems like Micros (Micros-Fidelio, HIS, Oracle Hospitality) or similar point-of-sale (POS) systems
- Fluency in multiple languages relevant to the target markets is preferred (Russian, Spanish, French, German or Arabic).
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.