|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
For more than two decades, Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinct mark on the global hospitality market with its unwavering Stay Different™ brand promise. Its award-winning destinations, including the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, signature dining experiences and artful surroundings at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 26 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia, and employs over 9,000 colleagues, representing over 120 nationalities. As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scale up its operations to the next level of growth, we remain fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world-class environments.
Dubai's most iconic hotel and a global icon of Arabian luxury, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is the flagship hotel of Jumeirah Group’s portfolio of exceptional properties, representing a timeless pinnacle of luxury. One of the world’s most photographed superstructures, the elegant sail-shaped hotel redefines the meaning of luxury hospitality both in Dubai and around the world. Dedicated to creating memorable moments, Burj Al Arab Jumeirah is home to some of Dubai’s most exquisite dining experiences, from the MICHELIN starred and Gault&Millau’s three toque Al Muntaha to the ultimate lifestyle destination, SAL.
“Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.”
About the Job:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Manager - Butlers in Burj Al Arab. The main duties and responsibilities of this role are:
- Manages day to day operation of the department thus ensuring all service standards are met in line with standard operating procedure and they are followed in courteous yet professional manner thus providing delightful and engaging services to all guests.
- Leads, motivates & continuously develops the Team to maximize colleague productivity, departmental revenue, guest satisfaction & department COS scores.
- Recognizes all repeat and important guests and builds rapport to develop personal guest contact, obtain preferences and proactively anticipate guest needs and requirements.
- Handles escalations and concerns and resolve them, tracking and notifying proper areas and responsible person to guarantee memorable experience for our guests.
- Oversees that Team Leaders are leading the team efficiently and diligently and all Butlers report to their daily assignments on time and are properly groomed and dressed in line with Jumeirah grooming standards.
- Manages and conducts regular inspections of all butler areas including occupied and non-occupied rooms, floor receptions and butlers’ pantries to ensure standards & consistency are always maintained to the highest level.
- Ensures that the team adhere to all hotel and company standards, Business conduct and ethics, policies and procedures including Health & Safety policies, Butler’s Grooming standards, punctuality/ attendance procedures and Quality standards.
- Monitors VIP guest/customer arrivals and inspection of VIP Suites so that special arrangements are ready upon arrival to meet their preferences. Coordinate with other operating departments, notably front office, to manage VIP guests/customers' requests etc.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Minimum 1-year experience in managerial position in Butlers, Guest Relations or Front Office at Luxury Establishment or a 5* Hotel
- Previous experience in handling VIP guests.
- Accustomed to handling customer complaints of varying severity.
- Strong leadership, communication, and influencing skills to engage others without requiring direct authority.
- Sufficient computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, HotSOS, and Opera PMS).
- Flexible schedule to meet demands of hotel occupancy.
- Fluency in English and additional language (Russian, German, Italian, or other European languages are a plus).
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flight allowance, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits, making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.