|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Discover the warm French-Polynesian welcome of our luxury 5 star beach resort situated on the East Crescent of the world famous Palm Jumeirah, offering a rejuvenating escape inspired by the rich culture of the South Pacific.
Nestled amongst lush greenery on the idyllic shores of the Arabian Gulf, Sofitel Dubai The Palm offers a tropical and relaxing sanctuary, only a short distance away from the vibrant, buzzing metropolis of Dubai.
With magnifique touches of French elegance interlaced throughout the hotel, we invite you to ‘Live the French way’ and indulge in excellence.
This position is responsible for the supervision of the smooth and efficient daily operation of the Butler Services and ensures that all guests and visitors receive an optimum level of service and care at all times.
- To supervise Butler Supervisors and Butlers on duty
- To maintain the quality and consistency of standard and to train the Butlers on improvement areas
- To concentrate supervision on Floor Butlers, Reception Butler, Private Dining Butler and Butler Hotline
- To increase guest interaction and to drive the Trust you score of the property.
- To assist the Butlers in achieving the KPI of the department.
- To ensure that all suites and rooms blocked for arrival are prepared on time prior guest arrival.
- To push all Butlers to compile and record guest preferences, like and dislikes, and to track it in preference sheet.
- To ensure through effective supervision that all services offered are always available, and provide alternatives
- Coordinate activities with other hotel departments in order to facilitate increased levels of communication and guest satisfaction.
- Responsible for promoting hotel facilities, services and product to the targeted guest group
- To assist Butlers to resolve any issues.
- To meet and welcome most of the guests personally
- To interact with guests as much as possible, to ascertain preferences, dislikes and overall experiences at Sofitel Dubai The Palm.
- To regularly inspect the quality of service provided by all Butlers, and to ensure that all services are delivered according to standard
- To share with Butlers any complaints, guests comments and problems.
- To take appropriate action to resolve guests complaints (Housekeeping, Butlers, Front Desk, Concierge and Laundry)
- To assist Front Office Department, Housekeeping Department and Food & Beverage Department for any basic requests to give quick and respond service to the guests.
- To maintain appropriate knowledge about local area, events happening in Dubai & around the world
- To supervise butler pantries.
- To check on the in room dining, reception & concierge the stock flow.
- To assist Head Butler for Operating Equipment inventory
- Check Butler’s grooming in accordance with hotel standard.
- Work closely with Housekeeping to ensure correct room status at all times.
- To handle any DND room within 24 hours.
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
- To support the implementation of Sofitel core values
It is not the intention of this Job Description to limit the scope or responsibilities of the above-mentioned, but to highlight the most important aspects of your position. It is essential that all the Assistant Manager – Butler Services are committed to their jobs and the success of the enterprise, and maintain a willingness to accept total flexibility of jobs and duties throughout the hotel.
- Provide department orientation and training of the hotel service standards, procedures and programs
- Constantly monitor team members’ appearance, attitude and degree of professionalism
- Motivate and provides a work environment which brings out the best in team members
- Maintain complete knowledge of all food & beverage services, outlets and hotel services/features
- Be fully conversant with hotel fire & life safety/emergency procedures
- Attend all briefings, meetings and trainings as assigned by management
- Report for duty on time wearing clean and complete uniform at all times
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times
- Perform other reasonable duties assigned by the Management of the Hotel
- Diploma in Tourism / Hospitality Management
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience in a similar capacity
- Excellent reading, writing and oral proficiency in English language
- Ability to speak other languages.
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel, Word, & PowerPoint