- Assist the Chief Engineer in every aspect of the operation as requested.
- Report to the Chief Engineer any abnormal conditions noticed at any time with life safety related equipment or installation.
- Substitute for the Chief Engineer in all matters in any absence from duty.
- Supervise technicians and tradespersons under his/her responsibility for performance, quality of work and attendance.
- Prepare weekly work schedules in accordance with workload and priorities for approval by the Chief Engineer.
- Perform, at least weekly, a routine inspection of all engineering operational areas (plant rooms) and report any equipment malfunction to the Chief Engineer.
- Control and verify all engineering logbook entries.
- Supervise personally all hazardous work and ensure that all safety procedures are strictly observed.
- Prepare monthly comparative utility consumption reports and keep constant survey of correct calibration of all utility recording instruments.
- Check timely completion of maintenance requests paying particular attention to guest related jobs.
- Assist central store in the purchase of engineering spares and consumables.
- Prepare purchase requests and follow up with the central store.
- Assist the Chief Engineer with the preparation of planned preventative maintenance and guest room servicing procedures.
- Provide cost and time estimates for work requests.
- Allocate work requests, scheduled maintenance and repairs to the tradespersons.
- Coordinate and supervise contractors to ensure compliance with specifications and the Hotel's procedures regarding guest contact and safety.
- Coordinate the engineering and maintenance work with other hotel departments.
- Prepare and conduct energy conservation orientation training for new ambassadors in cooperation with the training manager and follow up with refresher training classes as conditions warrant.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer
Only registered members can apply for jobs.