|Published||November 17, 2023|
|Location||Fujairah, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
Hotel Brand: InterContinental
Location: United Arab Emirates, Fujairah
Hotel: Fujairah Resort (FJRAE), Al Aqah Beach, Dibba Road
Job number: 119538
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
The InterContinental Fujairah Resort is situated on the shoreline of the exquisite Al Aqah Beach, beneath the spectacular backdrop of the Hajjar Mountains. An exceptional destination where Arabian hospitality meets luxury. With 190 rooms, indoor & outdoor event space, restaurants & bar. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star resort presence.
What's your passion? Whether you're into knitting, kite flying or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU! We love people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who help us create great brands guests love. And we're looking for more people like this to join our dynamic & committed team at the InterContinental Fujairah Resort.
Your Day to Day
As Asst. Learning & Quality Manager, you will be responsible for managing the hotel’s training functions, including developing a complement of qualified departmental trainers and establishes a hotel system for generating training data and evaluating results. The Learning & Quality position impacts on the skills, knowledge and attitudes of every hotel employee and ensures the availability and use of effective resources.
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts we look for people who are charming, confident, and internationally-minded; people who know what it takes to exceed guest expectations.
Some of your main role responsibilities are:
- Establishes and drives a high level of Leadership strength and competence through training/seminars/ resources
- Is present at key service delivery points to assess and audit service standards - conduct spot training and support function heads with a clear understanding of challenges and opportunities
- Establish a departmental trainer platform to drive effectiveness in the delivery of training programs and recommendation for improvement
- Acts as a role model to colleagues by living the IHG Values and brand Service Behaviours, and is responsible to drive the culture through training programs.
- Helps colleagues to identify and enhance personal strengths that will contribute success for both personal and company goals.
- Manages intern arrivals experience & provide learning support.
- Ensure Interns are well treated and developed
- Create a talent pool of high potentials within the business from the Annual Performance Appraisals
- Develop succession plans for the talent pool with the Department Heads and monitor progress based on goals
- Educate colleagues on the brand standards and ensure departmental training related to standards are taking place
- Conduct spot training and support function heads with a clear understanding of challenges and opportunities
- Develops creative ways to inspire and motivate colleagues to provide guests with a unique experience.
- Stays current on market trends and local changes that impact guest satisfaction when sharing training materials with colleagues.
- Becomes a part of the Quality & Continuous Improvement Team and upholds hotel quality and brand standards compliance process through training, creating awareness and auditing.
- Conducts all Training Needs Analysis for the Hotel – Establishing core competencies required for key positions and identify/develop training programs for all development needs
- Develops a network with other L&D professionals to learn best practices and establish game-changers to the business
- Manages the day to day activities of the L&D function, ensuring proper documentation and compliance of mandatory training and assessments
- Supports and establish a learning culture within the hotel
Ideally, you'll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we're looking for:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar capacity in an international hotel establishment.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree qualification in Human Resources, Hotel Administration or equivalent.
- Good oral and written proficiency in English Language is a must.
- Certification of train-the-trainer is preferred.
In return, we offer competitive pay and benefits, and a chance to work with a great team of talented people. Most importantly, we'll give you the Room to Belong.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch if this position matches your skills and interests and tell us how you could bring your individual competencies by clicking "Apply Online".
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.