|Published||November 15, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Sales / Marketing / Business Development|
It’s always festival season at Hyde where the vibe, music, and company is just right. A hotel experience like no other, we deliver on atmosphere, live shows, global flavors, and more. Representing a bohemian spirit and sense of discovery, Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind. Hyde is part of Ennismore, a creative hospitality company rooted in culture and community, with a global collective of brands created by entrepreneurs and founders with purpose at their heart.
Step into a festival-inspired hotel at Hyde Dubai with a lively rooftop pool, four restaurants including the world-renowned Katsuya, and balconies to chill out on in every room. Let your free spirit discover connection at every corner with live music, common spaces that inspire, and rooftop views of the Burj Khalifa you can’t get anywhere else.
The Assistant Director of Sales - Leisure will be reporting to the Director of Sales and will be responsible for the day to day operation of Leisure Sales, making sure the team revenue, activities, and goals are met or exceeded whilst ensuring the team receives proper trainings and development plan. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following.
- To closely monitor the competition and ensure that the department has a complete understanding of each hotel’s products.
- Establish good business and social relationships with the industry and participate in activities related to public relations in order to further increase sales leads for the department as well as the Hotel.
- Monitor revenue and costs of the department and assist in developing strategies to maximize profits and minimize costs in conjunction with the Revenue & Reservations Manager.
- Liaise with Revenue & Reservations Manager to develop pricing strategies and peak season procedures for the Leisure segment. Ensure that these are reflected in the monthly parameters.
- Responsible to handle the leisure market for which he/she will have targets to achieve in corporate room nights. Making sure the team has the proper tools to achieve the leisure segment’s room night’s goals.
- Solicit, negotiate, and book new and repeat business through various efforts (blitz, prospect calls, personal sales calls, referrals, site inspection etc.) to maximize revenues.
- Daily observation and monitoring of Travel Click to identify opportunities and acquire competition accounts.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports as required.
- Assist with compilation of competitive intelligence information.
- Identify and target new markets for the leisure segment.
- Actively participate in prescribed sales training.
- To ensure maximum employee satisfaction, conduct monthly and annual performance reviews
- Work effectively with all departments to ensure 100% guest satisfaction
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in international luxury lifestyle hospitality sector, preferably exposed to MENA region in the Leisure Segment.
- Team leadership, coaching, development, recruitment and alignment within Sales, Marketing and Revenue teams.
- Strategic Commercial planning and execution.
- Proactive, passionate, action oriented and result driven.
- Organized, disciplined, dedicated, loyal and a self-starter.
- Focused, energetic and flexible leader with a vision.
- Fluent in English and preferably additional foreign languages.
- Assertive but with a diplomatic approach to business.
- Must possess top level business management, interpersonal, and facilitation skills.
- High level commercial and decision-making skills.
- Presentation and public speaking attributes.
- Needs good knowledge of Microsoft Office and Windows – based computer applications.
- Holder of a relevant Bachelors Degree