|Published||November 14, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Chefs / F&B / Housekeeping / Hospitality|
"Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS"
We are Heartists®
“Heartist” describes both our culture and who we are. Everything we do comes from the heart, and we’re experts in what we do. Generous, attentive, and free, we ensure that everyone can come as they are, and feel like they belong. As one big team, we know that only together can we do amazing things!
We believe that the world is more welcoming when we’re connected. So that we see what we have in common, instead of what sets us apart.
Life in Movenpick
The Place to Savour Life- We believe true hospitality is about turning small gestures into heartwarming moments.
We enable our guests to Savour the flavor of life, balancing small indulgence with what’s good for them- and good for the world.
- To promote efficiency, confidence, courtesy and an extremely high standard of social skills.
- To generally promote and ensure good inter-departmental relations.
- To display a pleasant manner and positive attitude at all times and to promote a good company image to guests and colleagues.
- To demonstrate pride in the workplace and personal appearance at all times when representing the hotel thus identifying a high level of commitment.
- To assist the F&B manager in any task outlined/detailed by him/her.
- To take time and get to know the guests, and to be committed to service excellence.
- To provide service that is sincere, warm and enthusiastic, ensuring the guests satisfaction.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- To approve schedules for all personnel according to forecast and within the limits of the staffing guide to ensure adequate manpower at all times.
- To recommend hiring, promotions and dismissal to the Food & Beverage Office.
- To be involved in planning of promotions, beverage purchases and pricing.
- To advise and consult with the bar with regards to service matters and bar standards.
- To be constantly aware of the food & beverage cost of sale.
- To provide consumption data for purchasing purposes.
- To work constantly towards reducing stock holding together with cost control and storekeeper.
- To coordinate Food & Beverage Manager for all marketing activities and public relations related to the bar.
- To be fully aware at all times of competition activities, theme nights and pricing.
- To report any equipment failures/problems to the Maintenance Department.
- To pass any maintenance requests to the Maintenance Department.
- To participate in any Training/Developments schemes as recommended by senior management.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and cleanliness of all areas in the Bar.
- To ensure sanitary conditions according to Health codes and Hotel standards.
- To supervise the daily operation.
- To advise and consult with the Food & Beverage manager on all matters pertaining to the bar operation.
- To define training needs and set-up training programs. Continuously trains the team to achieve highest professionalism.
- To ensure correct handling of equipment to minimize breakages and losses.
- To inspect all areas daily before opening according to fixed standard checklist.
- To enforce and maintain all policies and procedures.
- To approve requisitions for beverages, condiments, general supplies and guest supplies, taking into consideration established par stocks.
- To participate actively in the creation of new drinks, snacks, food menu and improve presentations to achieve the overall objective.
- To handle and record all complaints related to the bar personally and inform the Food & Beverage Office.
- To maintain standards specification for all beverages and food products.
- Responsible for the hygienic appearance and grooming standards of all staff.
- To inspect all fridges and bar stores to check expiry dates on all items.
- To observe opening and closing hours of the bars according to the law and company standards.
- To implement and maintain full database for the bar separately from the Food & Beverage or Hotel database in coordination with marketing communications.
- To ensure proper control at all times of music standards, sound and lighting levels.
- To ensure proper control and respect of door policy accordingly to approved door policy standards of the bar and the country’s rules and regulations.
- To perform any other duties assigned by Food & Beverage.
- To have a complete understanding of and to adhere to Accor policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Be familiar with all related company documentation and especially with the relevant Operational Standards Manual for the department.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- To submit the following reports:
- Overtime & extra hours consumed monthly.
- Daily log book
- Other expenses control sheet
- Time schedule weekly
- Vacation schedules yearly
- Responsible for the financial aspects of the bar.
- To ensure NOCs for all entertainers are completed accurately and kept in a safe place available at all times for the country’s Municipality to control.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the "Environment Charter" of Sustainability program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Heartists Handbook and the Hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
Our values are our common language, they drive us every day. Embodied in and flowing through our Heartist program, a symbol of our identity and culture, these values are the bedrock that binds us to the Group. They perpetuate and spread -beyond professions, persons, countries and cultures- the sense of hospitality and service, our strength and nourishment of the Group’s success worldwide.
We obsess over our customers. Our guests are the driver of our decisions and our actions. We put them first, we care for them. We go the extra mile for them. We enjoy doing it.
We believe that hospitality has the power to unlock a better tomorrow. We act for good to support & empower the communities in which we live and protect the planet that you visit.
We are connected with the world, and to others. We enjoy the mix of cultures. We are proud of our differences. We put you first and we value you, whoever you are. We care for the planet.
Spirit of Conquest
Our guests are globetrotters, and so are we. We want to be where they want to be. We explore, we initiate, and we develop. We are ambitious for our guests. We make the impossible possible, we have fun doing it.
Hospitality is a team sport, and we’re stronger when we trust and support each other. We believe in natural kindness, respect our differences and value all voices. We work as one team, to say what we do, and do what we say.
We dare to challenge the status quo. We embrace innovation and challenge ourselves to do things better and faster. We take risks, dream the impossible and make it possible.
Should have worked in Bars in UAE.
Knowhow of mixology and team handling.