|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Date Posted||February 11, 2021|
Merchandising / Category Management
Job ID: 1417647 | Q-Express Documents Transport
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest technology minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world.
We are making significant investments for the long term - building our Fulfillment and Transportation infrastructure as well as the leadership team. As we continue to grow, we are keen to speak to experienced operators. These fast-moving facilities sit at the heart of Amazon’s rapidly growing Operations network, and are where we manage our fast-moving parcels.
As an Operational leader, you’ll have responsibility for the day to day management of a Delivery Station, providing leadership to various managers including: Shift Managers, Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance.
This team will be entrepreneurial, wear many hats, and work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. We’re in uncharted territory, doing what’s never been done. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried.
You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced, dynamic environment. If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment we'd love to hear from you.
- Overseeing the operation that focuses on the delivery of Amazon orders direct to customers
- Support your team of Managers and the operations leadership team in daily management of the delivery station, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and communicating with internal and external suppliers, including agency management representatives and their drivers.
- Working to KPIs such as Delivery On Time, First Time Delivery Success and Enhancing Customer Service
- Thinking analytically about project management with attention to detail, the ability to influence others and exceptional organisational skills.
- Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements
- Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality
- Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences
- Provide day-to-day support during the roll out/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback
- Map business requirements, understand business process, study and analyse workflows, design solutions.
- Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations. Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed.
- Communicate daily metrics and report exceptions
- Degree qualification or equivalent
- A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships with both agency management representatives and their delivery providers
- Has knowledge and experience in direct-to-customer fulfillment operations as well as excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving skills and analytical skills
- Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas
- Ability to work for different managers: we move managers around to meet business needs and as our business grows and you must adapt to changes in management
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance
- Excellent customer service skills and interpersonal skills
- Masters degree in a Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or STEM focussed subject
- 5+ years of management experience in E-Commerce, FMCG or Industrial plant operations
- Experience of operating in large (1K+) organizations, supporting double-digit annual growth rates