|Published||November 16, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Accounts / Audit / Taxation / Company Secretary|
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe role aims to be recognized as a trusted advisor to finance team members and other hotel business partners. This role supports the finance lead to retain and train best-in-class finance professionals and assists in developing their finance team. This role ensures a robust control and compliance environment and supports the hotel / hotels to maximize profit and contributes to implement EMEA Operations Finance innovations and projects.
What will I be doing?The Accounting Supervisor will support all activities performed by the hotels Finance lead, to include but not limited to
- Understanding financial performance, ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting and month-end closing activities
- Reviewing monthly financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Uniform System of Accounts and Hilton policies and procedures.
- The role will ensure a smooth operation of all hotel finance activities in full compliance with the policy, regulatory and contractual framework.
- The role will business partner with all hotel finance team members and the Hotel Management team, and supports the Finance Lead in developing excellent working relationships across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders, including Commercial, IT, Procurement, Operations, Shared Service Centers (where applicable).
- In absence of the Finance Manager, the Accounting Supervisor will assume responsibilities.
- The role will participation in all relevant Finance training and development programs.
What are we looking for?• Ability to exercise sound judgement and decision-making skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication and comprehension skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and effectively handle multiple concurrent demands and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
• Must possess the ability to analyse large amounts of data / information efficiently and accurately
• Ability to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely with minimal direct supervision, within initial training period after employee begins work
University degree in Accounting or Finance
Knowledge of Tower operations to include all aspects.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton Team Member Travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.