|Published||January 24, 2023|
|Expires||March 25, 2023|
|Location||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Accounts / Audit / Taxation / Company Secretary|
Accountant - Management Accounts
Company: Air Arabia PJSC (G9)
Location: Sharjah, AE
To analyze, process and maintain Company’s financial transactions and records ensuring compliance with approved accounting standards and procedures.
Assists in preparing budgets, financial reports and financial analysis, and in coordinating with external parties such as government departments, banks, auditors, GSAs and suppliers in order to facilitate function-related work as per Air Arabia adopted policies and procedures.
Key Result Responsibilities
Maintains accounting controls and financial security throughout all the transactions carried by auditing documents, adhering to the approved policies and procedures, and alerting the manager with any abnormalities or discrepancies noticed.
Ensures the accuracy and correctness of all financial entries carried by him/her on the Finance ERP in conformity with recognized financial dimensions. Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
Ensure credits are processed to the GSA against various payments made on behalf G9 on time after proper verification of documents /Proof of payments/Approvals.
Makes sure all the Outstations corresponding expenses are timely recorded and reflected in the system before month-end closing this includes accrual of expenses as well as reconciliation of Vendors and GSA accounts.
Follows up with the “Commercial Sales Department” to ensure no credit exposure at any given time.
Handles all the outstation vendors’ invoices and queries timely and accurately; posts the invoices for approval in line with adopted procedures; interacts with users from other departments whenever necessary to resolve issues and obtain approvals.
Executes all assigned accounts Debit Notes/Credit Notes ensuring timely and accurate posting to cost elements in finance ERP system.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing accounts information for the general accounts such as suppliers, GSAS’s, inter-companies and Hubs on monthly basis.
- Reviews all cost accounts before monthly and annual closing by compiling all related information.
- Reviews costs of Balance Sheet items and prepares entries such as accruals, reversals, etc. on timely basis.
- Monitors the flow of activities with outsource service providers and ensures all invoices are posted on timely basis and addresses issues if any for remedial actions.; maintains and communicates the procedural manual to the service providers.
- Reviews non-technical costs areas and statements with respective departments with objectives for cost reduction; reviews actual expenditure to prepare budgets accordingly.
- Ensure the budget v. actual reports for all departments (excluding Engineering) are prepared, reviewed and verified on monthly basis as per the timelines and sent to departmental heads and respective line managers. Ensure timely reply to the queries (if any) from department on the actuals and budget reported.
- Prepares special financial reports periodically such as the MIS Reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends. Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance/ Commerce or equivalent from a recognized university.
Professional qualification as an Accountant is an advantage.
Proficient in Microsoft Office- Advanced Excel, Access, Word, Power Point skills, Internet and Web Search.
Fluent in English Language.
3+ years of comprehensive working experience in corporate finance or accounting in any industry, preferably for a company operating on regional/multinational level.
He/she must have worked in a mid-sized organization operating on a regional/multinational level, preferably in Airlines/Travel/Tourism industry; experience with low-cost airline would be an advantage.
Sound knowledge in accounting cycle, process flow and procedures is a pre-requisite.
Possesses comprehensive knowledge in accounting fundamentals and systems such as SFAS (Statements of Financial Accounting Concepts).
Strong math and numerical reasoning ability and high accuracy are mandatory for this role.
Familiar with formalities and pre-requisites associated with internal and external audits.
Experienced in a computerized accounting environment is essential.
Very good exposure on financial models and new technologies in the industry.
Excellent financial, analytical and reporting skills.
High attention to details, confidentiality, and ability to adhere to procedures and set measures are a must.