|Published||November 21, 2023|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Category||Sales / Marketing / Business Development|
Job DescriptionJob Number 23205024
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Dubai Area Office, Central Park Towers Level 12, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
The Corporate Account Director manages and/or provides dedicated support to a targeted portfolio of complex GSO accounts. The position builds and maintains business relationships with key buying influences in order to achieve account market share goals across all Marriott Lodging brands. The primary focus is on opportunities to increase preference and loyalty, and improve the overall buying process by emphasising an ‘ease of doing business with Marriott’. In the role of Corporate Account Director, this position has direct accountability for transactional sales activities within their assigned accounts.
This key GSO position is responsible for developing and maintaining business from the most complex portfolio of Blue Chip Accounts. The position will lead both Global and EMEA Accounts and the relevant account teams.
The Corporate Account Director is responsible for proactively soliciting both transient and group business for all brands, all hotels globally, utilising a Total Account Management approach.
Work will be with both direct corporate contacts within each account, and key TMC account managers in relation to these accounts.
The Corporate Account Director will retain an up to date customer profile within the Marriott sales tools provided, create a 12-month Strategic account plan (SAPP), reporting confirmed business and activity on a weekly basis.
Develop and guide an account team either within Europe or globally to assist in developing business from subsidiaries within their countries.
Ensure smooth co-ordination of the annual RFP process for assigned accounts working closely with the pricing teams. Work to targets, objectives and goals
Support the Director Global Sales, Corporate to deliver sales and operational excellence within the department.
The role of the Corporate Account Director is to support the GSO vision and mission by leveraging Marriott’s products and services as a team leader or team member within their assigned account portfolio. By utilising the processes of strategic account management and team-based sales, this position will be responsible for increasing Marriott’s preference, loyalty and profitable share within their assigned accounts and contribute to overall GSO success through the direct sales efforts of Revenue Generation and Value Creation.
- Each hotel will have an expectation of production from your accounts, and you will be expected to communicate effectively with this audience
- You will be expected to keep abreast of all the competitor activity.
- It is essential to keep up to date with all legislation and ethical changes within the corporate market.
- A full time position based at Marriott Hotels International Ltd Global Sales Office in London.
- Develop strategic account plans for each account and initiate pull through activities in source and destination markets.
- Excellent verbal, numerical and analytical ability
- Results orientated with strategic planning and business development skills
- Minimum 3 years sales experience within a blue chip company
- Proven Sales Achievement
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to engage with account’s preferred strategic suppliers (e.g., channel partners, intermediaries, travel management companies) to collaborate and strengthen the overall relationship, and to ensure that key deliverables satisfy the end user.
- Ability to use standard software applications, such as MSOffice, SFA, Teams etc.
- Acts decisively to recover from mistakes; knows how to develop/propose/initiate solutions and when to involve leader.
- Acts independently to improve and increase skills and knowledge.
- Approaches opportunities with curiosity and open-mindedness; displays creativity and innovation. Crafts offers that leverage and capitalise on cross-organizational strengths that demonstrate value beyond just the product or service being sold.
- Can effectively articulate the financial benefits of a proposal as it pertains to the customer’s business objectives.
- Collects and analyses key information about the customer’s business and/or operation.
- Delivers clear, evenly paced presentations and tailors’ message to appropriate audience.
- Delivers on commitments to customers, supervisors and peers.
- Develops opportunity sales plan with actionable steps to attain revenue goals. Holds self and others accountable for achieving results.
- Displays leadership in understanding the agendas and perspectives of others.
- Expresses oneself clearly, concisely and effectively in written and verbal settings.
- Expresses self well in groups and in one-on-one conversations.
- Gains the confidence and trust of others through their own authenticity and ethical standards.
- Generates enthusiasm for ideas; wins support from others; negotiates persuasively.
- Identifies cultural influences that impact account relationships and deliverables.
- Identifies and acts on near term sales opportunities and forecast longer term sales opportunities, in alignment with Marriott’s business needs.
- Is adept at marshalling people resources when “influencing without authority.”
- Keeps up to-date on, and leverages available resources to meet the objectives of Marriott/Account initiatives.
- Knows the strengths and weaknesses of competitors; leverages strengths and counters competitive threats.
- Listens patiently and carefully to input; clarifies others’ points of view; listens well in a group setting.
- Negotiates terms and conditions, commitments, and customer issues that balance the needs of the customer with the needs of the business.
- Shares credit with others.
- Uses understanding of customer’s organisational structure to enhance account management.
- Works effectively leading and participating in a ‘virtual’ team-based environment
Education or Certification
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- English language written & spoken. Fluent for business communication.
Develops account strategies and executes activities to drive financial results, customer satisfaction and market integration in a direct sales environment.
- Account Management: Focuses on building a strong, sustainable relationship within GSO account portfolio. Maximises profitable market share for all Marriott brands through concentrated effort on the ease of doing business.
- Revenue Generation: Works with Revenue Management, Market, Region and Property to ensure proper pricing and maximization of account revenue potential.
- Value Creation: Leverages the attributes of Marriott Intl. to create effective solutions that the account considers to be of high value. Builds distinct competitive advantage (preference and loyalty) and decrease price sensitivity through effective implementation of value and solution offerings.
- Customer Preference & Loyalty: Validates knowledge of account and client needs through regular satisfaction assessment. Develops and/or supports solutions to alleviate customer issues/concerns.
- Market Integration & Leadership: Leads or participates in effective account teams around each account, including all relevant members from high revenue/high potential source and destination markets. Reduces vulnerability of account partnership by developing relationships with key buying influences. Develops a trusting and respectful business relationship with internal constituents by meeting or exceeding account management expectations.
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- Accurate qualification of potential accounts; re-qualification of existing accounts.
- Establishes and maintains complete and up-to-date information on each account. This includes a thorough understanding of the account’s needs, history, plans, issues, organisational structure, strategies, existing business alliances and key competitors.
- Interprets financial statements, e.g., P&L statements, annual reports, as appropriate, to assist in the formulation of an “account” proposal.
- Maintains account information in SFA to ensure accurate and up-to-date account reporting.
- Manages all resources within budgeted guidelines.
- Proactively develop goals and objectives to support the strategic account plan.
- Represents all brands of Marriott Lodging.
- Responsible for proactive account or segment sales.
- Supports data gathering, reporting & tracking functions.
- Identifies, develops, initiates and manages opportunities based on their fit with broader strategic account initiatives.
- Identifies key purchase points and decision-makers that influence the “buy” decision.
- Networks account teams to maximize coverage of key contacts and revenue streams.
- Partners with HQ support for annual pricing process, requests for pricing (RFPs) and related maintenance activity.
- Relates customer needs to product capabilities.
- Routinely quantifies the business impact to both the customer and Marriott.
- Works with Revenue Management to support account strategy in-market.
- Anticipates and quickly seizes opportunities not obvious to others to build customer satisfaction.
- Brings cross-functional and cross-business knowledge to bear in developing business solutions.
- Delivers value-added products and services to create long term customer loyalty.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with key buying influences by developing and delivering ‘ease of doing business’ solutions that create and provide unique value and positioning.
- Positions self as “Subject Matter Expert” in terms of customer or account activity, business segment activity or market/region activity.
- Pursues initiatives to capitalise on strengths and market opportunities, and to counter competitive threats
Customer Preference & Loyalty
- Conducts information-oriented sessions at each level of influence within the account or customer base in order to foster and maintain commitment to Marriott as a strategic supplier/partner.
- Counsels internal stakeholders on optimal negotiating stance.
- Delivers value-added products and services to create long term customer preference and loyalty.
- Delivers on commitments to customers.
- Focuses on two-way communication to ensure win-win relationship is maintained.
- Proactively seeks feedback from customers using resources and tools of GSO.
- Uses knowledge of Marriott’s operations, its markets and competitors to promote dialogue and enrich customer interactions.
Market Integration & Leadership
- Assists people from diverse cultures and backgrounds to effectively contribute and succeed in the account team.
- Demonstrates benefits of total account management and team-based sales.
- Ensures that account sales strategies are communicated, implemented and updated as market conditions fluctuate.
- Facilitates educational opportunities that enhance credibility and integration between GSO and internal stakeholders.
- Identifies and cultivates relationships with key colleagues and stakeholders in other parts of the organization.
- Participates with account team in market pull-through activity.
- Provides opportunities for communicating account needs throughout organization.
- Supports ‘in-market’ needs of properties in any given regional area.
- Utilises account team for Best Practice sharing and problem solving.
Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you